top of page
Pro assignment experience.png

assignment management

70k in revenue generated for our company within a month after it was released to just a few beta clients. 

problem statement

Our app had a short term assignment feature that allowed healthcare professionals to pick up a bundle of shifts and work them in a contract format. The assignment was sent to the professional in a notification. That notification is the only place that the details for that assignment existed. There was no landing page or reference point. Any time a professional wanted to view details about their assignment, they needed to go back to the notification drawer to find those details. Assignments were a huge revenue driver for the company, but facilities complained about lack of engagement with assignments and professionals were frustrated by the fact that they couldn't find the information easily. My team was tasked with troubleshooting this bad user experience. 

persona & journey mapping

I started with a persona that we use for healthcare workers on our platform who often work assignments. Using that persona I collaborated with members of our clinical solutions team to create a journey map.

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 3.47.31 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 3.44.15 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 3.50.39 PM.png

user flows

From there I brainstormed some new user flows that would help mitigate the user's pain points and worked with my engineers to validate the technical feasibility of this approach. 

low fi wireframes

I wanted to mind dump all I had learned so far without sinking too much time into wireframes so I did some quick pen & paper wireframes and then dropped them into Figma to annotate my ideas. 

prototype & usability testing

After a few rounds of internal feedback, I was ready to wireframe and prototype my concept. I used Sprig to launch a usability test and gather feedback. 

Key usability tasks: 

  • Picking up assignments.

  • Finding specific information about assignments (for example how many shifts are associated with an assignment).

  • Fixing scheduling conflicts between assignment shifts and per diem shifts.

Results: 

  • Almost all of the pros were able to complete the tasks we asked them to do.

  • The tasks almost all got rated as "easy" or "very easy" to complete.

  • Time to completion was typically well within the target goal defined before usability testing.

high fidelity designs & annotations

I pride myself on collaborating with engineers throughout the design process and providing support during the development process. I always to do my best to set them up for success with meticulous documentation and strive to hand off a clean and well-documented file every time. We decided to test out the Figma Dev mode (instead of Zeplin which we normally use) on this project, so a clean Figma file was especially important. 

Figma pages broken out by release

Every variation for each page in the release laid out.

Each page contained detailed interaction notes as well as iOS & Android mockups

I walked my developers through each of the releases, answered questions about the high fidelity designs and gathered feedback. Overall the hand off was incredibly smooth and the feature was iteratively released over the course of a few months. 

bottom of page